2017 FireFan & Stance Contest Rules and Terms of Participation:
1. No purchase necessary to win. The in-app cost of playing a live game is 3 tokens for individual play and 6 tokens for league play. New Players receive 18 free tokens upon registration that can be directly applied to any game. Existing players can receive free tokens through sharing FireFan with others and/or engaging with ads in the FireFan app; all of which can also be used for participating in live games.
2. ‘Play’ is constituted by the active participation with in-app game picks, including Pre-game and/or Live play picks, during a given game. A player is identified as an individual who plays in FireFan. Player can engage with any and all 2017 NBA Playoff/Finals games during this promotional period for additional chances to win.
3. Points earned in a given game, whether through Pre-game picks or Live picks, will give players placement on the community leaderboard for that game. The more picks made during a game, the more overall points can be earned by players. Missed/Delayed picks due to service issues or other individual/unique reasons will not be considered in determining the winners; unless it is due to an internal, system-wide issue.
4. Primary entries are determined by the active play within any given 2017 NBA Playoff/Finals game in FireFan wherein points are awarded.
5. Only entries that take place during the 2017 NBA Playoff/Finals games (April 15, 2017 through June 18, 2017) will count towards eligibility for prizes.
6. Winners will be based on their final game placement on the community leaderboard. The top ten (10) point earners from on the community leaderboard in each 2017 NBA Playoff/Final game, from all eligible entries entered during each given game, will win a pair of Stance socks. Verification of top ten (10) individuals for each game is subject to an internal review process, including tie breakers. Entries for a given game will be closed at the conclusion of that game, for each game up to the last 2017 NBA Finals game.
7. Tie Breakers: In the event of a tie in points between 2 or more players potentially eligible for a top ten (10) position, the winner(s) will be determined by the following factors: 1) Their current rank within FireFan, with the higher rank taking the higher position on the leaderboard and, if necessary, 2) Their total lifetime points within FireFan at the time of verification, for each respective player; again, the higher point total takes the higher position of the leaderboard. Winner of the tie breaker will be the player with the highest rank and, if necessary, the highest total of lifetime points.
8. The winners of each given 2017 NBA Playoff/Finals game will be announced on FireFan.com the following business day by 5:00PM MST.
9. Participation in and acceptance of prizes relating to this promotion constitutes the winner’s consent for FireFan to use their name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state/region for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. By participating in Firefan promotions, all individuals agree to comply with these rules including all eligibility requirements. FireFan reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these rules or interferes with this promotion, or attempts to do so, in any manner.
11. All winners agree to waive any and all claims against FireFan and any person or entity who provided prizes or services to FireFan in connection with this or any promotion, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, including, without limitation, claims for personal injury, including death, or damage to, or loss of any property arising out of participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of points earned while playing in an eligible game during the applicable Entry Period.
13. The top ten (10) winners for each 2017 NBA Playoff/Finals game will be notified within three (3) business days by the company via telephone or email using the contact information on file for their FireFan account. If FireFan attempts to contact a winner and cannot engage in a direct conversation with that individual within five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, that individual may be disqualified, thus forfeiting any claim to their prize, and an alternate winner may be selected at the company’s sole discretion.
NOTICE: All rules and prizes are subject to change based on local laws and regulations. The company maintains the right to, at it’s sole discretion, alter or change rules, prizes or other aspects of the contest as it deems necessary and to disqualify anyone for any reason.